Some more Xbox One info.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Some more Xbox One info.

Post by HomerRamone2084 on Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 16:42

Dont panic - some industry analysts have said publishers wont do this...

Presumably said analysts are not aware of publishers such as EA Smile

HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 on Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 16:44

lol. wheres the thumbs up option
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 8:03

One of the things that really concerns me is it has to connect to the Internet every 24 hours. If you don't then basically you have yourself a fancy DVD player that you have paid £400 for.

What if your Internet goes down or you want to take your Xbox with you. I sometimes work away for a week and take my Xbox with me because I get bored in the hotel at night. It's great because I can hook it up to the HD TV in my hotel room but unfortunately you can't connect it to there Internet.

It's a crazy idea from Microsoft and I really hope they change there mind on that Sad
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 8:40

i think this is one of the weirdest things that microsoft havent clarified completely nor satisfactorily. i dont suspect that what they have said right now is the final position on the matter

im not so naive to think that microsoft should try and plan for every individuals potential circumstances (holidays, business trips, etc etc) as that would be nigh on impossible. by the same token though, i just cant imagine that not one person at MS has said, at some point during the discussions about this, "what if our servers go down?". they HAVE to have contingency plans. surely.

maybe it will be something like i suggested earlier in this thread. however, even if there is no situation like that, there is a slight solution: your mobile. all they have said is that the console wants to ping once a day. so, if your internet goes down, connect via your mobile broadband (which they have confirmed can be done), log on once, then disconnect again (no-one wants mobile broadband fees for gaming....urgh....how expensive would that be). not ideal, but not that much different to the situation you would be in now if your internet went down.
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 10:05

In the paper today it says M$ have a patent that lets Kinect trake your eyes to see if you are watching adverts,and if you do you could be rewarded. It also says (from an analyst I think) that after the current anger towards the device there will be a calm followed by mass adoption.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 10:13

If they're stopping other companies renting out games then the logical step would be to rent out games themselves. To be honest it would probably work better than posting games back and forth, they just allow you to download the game and after X amount of time it stops working.
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 10:30

i've specualted the same selks. that last bit wouldnt be necessary though. whats the point of it? £5 per month for a game and you never cancel the rental? means they are getting far more for the rental of the game than if you bought it new
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top